Join the early days of an organization advancing the tech startup ecosystem in Latin America!
At Latitud, we are focused on elevating the next generation of startups in Latin America. There is so much friction for startups and we truly believe that they are an incredible lever for economic progress and social mobility. We started as a community to help support founders and we have since evolved into a tech company that builds infrastructure to reduce friction for early stage startups so they can focus on their product and customers.
You could think of Latitud as the OS for startups in Latin America. So far, founders love us. Here’s what they have to say.
Latitud was created by Brian Requarth, who founded, scaled and sold Viva Real for US$600M, Gina Gotthilf, who led growth at Duolingo from 3M to 200M users, and Yuri Danilchenko, who scaled product & engineering at Kaszek-backed Escale.
Latitud is at a very exciting moment, we just raised a $11.5M Seed led by a16z and NfX and another $1.5M from the community. This means we are growing and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategy and culture we build together.
You’ll be joining Latitud as our first engineering manager, reporting to our CTO. Your main mission is to assemble and lead a team of world-class engineers to help us build products for founders in Latin America from the ground up. As an engineering leader, you will also help create and streamline engineering practices across the company.
- Hire, lead and retain a diverse team of amazing engineers
- Mentor and onboard new team members as we grow
- Work very closely with product leaders to help drive our vision and strategy
- Steer strategic decisions on our architecture and technology stack
- Manage team and technology budget as we scale the business
- Map and communicate future hiring needs
- Spend around 30% of your time doing hands-on work (e.g. reviewing pull requests, serving as a sounding board for technical discussions) with the team
- Help define and shape our engineering culture and principles
- An experienced engineering manager. You have several years of experience hiring, developing, and motivating top notch engineers. You have strong leadership skills and enjoy mentoring engineers.
- A builder at heart. You have written production code during your career. You enjoy jumping in and doing some hands-on work to keep your skills sharp and unblock the team.
- Pragmatic. You fall in love with problems, not solutions. You prioritise outcomes over process. You optimize for getting feedback early and adjusting course based on data.
- Customer obsessed. You exemplify the value of “wear the customer’s shoes” and are comfortable being customer-facing. You work to understand how every technical decision impacts our customers.
- Passionate about accessibility, diversity, and inclusion. Latitud is not a good fit for you if you are uncomfortable or annoyed by these topics.
- Interested in being involved with the startup community. Startup founders in LATAM are our primary persona and you’re either interested in working with them or want to join their ranks in a few years.
- 3+ years of experience leading a high-performance engineering team of 5+ people
- Prior hands-on experience (3+ years) building customer-facing web apps with a modern stack (e.g. Typescript, Golang, React/Vue)
- Experience working with product management, design, and product operations in a tight-knit organization
- Experienced in building reliable, scalable, and fault-tolerant distributed systems on cloud infrastructure like AWS
- First principles thinking approach to solving problems
- Experience with fintech or regulated products
- Previously worked at early-stage startups
You’ll love working with us if you want to...
- Learn from the best minds in the ecosystem (entrepreneurs, VCs and operators at top startups).
- Make a memorable difference in the trajectory of the next generation of world-class tech companies coming out of Latin America.
- Be part of a mission-driven organization from its very early days, helping shape its future significantly.
- Thrive in a flexible, innovation-focused environment that welcomes new ideas and tools.
- Work alongside well-connected industry thought leaders.
- Be part of an awesome team. Our small team is A+ :)
You will not love working with us if you want to...
- Work at an established, process-oriented, 9-5 company with a well-defined role.
- Find problems but not jump in to help solve them.
- Have a very clear career ladder at your next job rather than help build it.
- Work from anywhere (100% remote)
- Generous equity
- Health insurance covered 100% (including dependents)
- Monthly Co-working allowance or annual Home Office bonus
- Generous parental leave and paid vacation
- Two international team trips per year on us!
How to apply
Follow this link for application and let us know why you'd be perfect for this role!